What type of blinds suit your home?
When you’re ready to upgrade or install new blinds throughout your home, you have a lot to choose from. The type of blinds that will suit your home depend on a variety of factors, including function, look and budget.
Let’s take a look at four of the main types of modern blinds: roller, vertical, roman and venetian.
Roller blinds, also called Holland blinds, are practical, low profile window coverings that provide precise sun control. Clean and simple when lowered and discreet when raised, they work well on large and small windows alike.
- Double Or Single System – Single for simple applications, double for light control and privacy plus added visual interest with a coloured, patterned or textured fabric.
- Linked Or Split System – Control blinds independently or linked with separate blinds on adjoining windows, which is ideal for large walls of windows.
- Fabrics – Blockout, sunscreen, translucent.
- Colours – Virtually unlimited! Even choose from fun prints made just for kids’ rooms.
- Fascia Or Cassette – Decide how you want to enclose your blind system and colour-coordinate the encasing to match.
- Motors – Automate the operation of your roller blinds with the push of a button. This is especially useful for large expanses of blinds.
Traditionally used over sliding doors and patio doors, vertical blinds (or vertical shades) add unique visual interest when used on windows in living rooms and bedrooms. An ever-popular choice for office buildings and large expanses of windows, vertical blinds can be customized to fit over virtually any space.
- Weights – Keep blinds from blowing in the wind: weights & chains; special weights; sewn-in weights.
- Fabric – Blockout, light filtering, low allergenic and flame-retardant fabrics available.
- Colours – Countless colours and textures to customise the look to your home’s décor.
- Stack Options – Left, right, centre or split depending on where the window or door opening is.
- Durable – Single drapes are easily replaced if damaged.
- Slat Sizes – 63mm, 89mm, 100mm, 127mm.
Roman blinds feature horizontal panels of fabric that create an elegant, tailored look whether raised or lowered. Each fabric panel is connected on the front or back by a batten, which is what helps create the tidy folds when the blinds are raised.
- Battens – Hidden metal battens on the back or exposed wooden battens on the front for visual interest.
- Fabrics – Blockout, or light filtering.
- Colours – Dozens of fabrics available in solids, prints and textures.
- Health & Safety – Low allergenic and fire-retardant fabrics available.
These blinds are what come to mind when most people envision conventional blinds: horizontal slats that can be adjusted with a wand and raised or lowered with a cord. However, the choices for venetian blinds today are almost limitless:
Aluminium – versatile, practical and economical, aluminium Venetian blinds are custom cut to fit windows of any size and create a clean, simple look when installed throughout an entire room.
- Durable – Variety of thicknesses to increase strength.
- Eco-Friendly – Made from 95% recycled aluminium.
- Energy Efficient – Optional Thermostop Slats improves insulation.
- Colours – Choose from dozens of colours including neutrals, pastels, and metallic.
- Finishes – Satin, gloss, matt, brushed, pearlised.
- Slat Size – 16mm, 25mm, 50mm.
Timber Or Timber Look – timeless look and practical style, timber and timber look Venetian blinds are suitable for creating a more upscale or casual look depending on the finish and installation.
- Durable – Real wood or Polystyrene Compound (PVC).
- Eco-Friendly – Timber sourced from sustainable growth forests.
- Colours – Real timber is light, medium or dark or can be painted a neutral variation. Timber look can be smooth or feature wood grain and comes in a variety of colours.
- Slat Size – Real timber cedar (46mm, 60mm), basswood (50mm, 63mm). Timber look (50mm, 63mm).
Let Wynstan Help You Choose The Best Blinds For Your Home
Schedule your free in-home consultation today, and let a Wynstan consultant help you choose the best blinds and customizable features to perfectly suit your home!